Besides consuming Vaultastic as a SaaS, which is a shared multi tenant platform hosting multiple customer domains and their archive data, you also have the option to deploy the same solution as a dedicated SaaS setup hosting only the domains and data of your organization, on any AWS region of your choice.Related: Why In-premise deployments have several drawbacks compared to the cloud.
Why choose a dedicated SaaS setup of Vaultastic?
Our customers opt for a dedicated deployment of Vaultastic for one or more of the following reasons:
- Your organization is bound by data residency laws or internal organizational policies, which mandate that your data be collected, stored and processed inside your country.
- You would like to customize the retention policies and other parameters of your email archives, beyond the construct of Vaultastic’s standard plans.
You would like complete, end to end control on the Archival infrastructure. This means the infrastructure and application stack is fully managed and monitored by your team.
How does this dedicated SaaS setup of Vaultastic work?
Ongoing Management & Monitoring
Historical Data upload/migration
Bill of Material (BOM)
|AWS Infrastructure stack for Vaultastic||Compute, Storage, Orchestration, Automation, and a plethora of other services from AWS to comprise the base Infrastructure platform for Vaultastic||Billed monthly by AWS and billed to you back to back|
|Networking infrastructure||A high quality, high performance network to connect the primary mail platform and the users to the selected AWS cloud region. This could be over the Internet or via a Direct Connect link, which privately connects any end point (your location) to the selected AWS cloud region over a dedicated link.||At your cost|
|Vaultastic application software||The Vaultastic application subscription, which includes subscription to third party tools configured to facilitate storage play. This includes components to capture logs, process them and store them for life and the ediscovery application.||Priced per user per year and billed monthly or annually.|
|Vaultastic Solution Support, management and monitoring||Eyes & Ears:Automation tools deployed to monitor the servers, application. 24/7 Teams to watch this and take action.
Helpdesk: Product support for how to use the application etc.
|Priced per user per year subject to a minimum billing.|
|Onboarding, Migration and upload of Historical data||Set up and configure the archival service, train your administrators on using the Admin console and in the process of migrating historical data||One time|
- Opex, pay as you go, pay per use, fully managed, SLA backed with warranties, and more
- Backup, Security and Safety of all email assured with extreme data durability (99.9%11 times) Immunity to any disaster on the primary setup since the mail is stored in a separate operational infrastructure
- Enable Easy migration of mail servers and mailboxes since the mail content is available fully in a separate operational infrastructure
- Single solution for Backup, Compliance and E-discovery
- No infrastructure required
- Elastic and automatically scalable infrastructure
- Safe, read only self service portal for all users to search and retrieve their own mail
- Ediscovery to allow blind searches across mailboxes.
- Dedicated SaaS
- 1. In whose AWS account is the infrastructure hosted?MoreThe dedicated infrastructure stack will be hosted in Mithi’s AWS account. It will be launched in the region of your choice.
- 2. Who will pay AWS for this infrastructure?MoreSince this infrastructure is hosted in Mithi’s AWS account, we will receive the monthly bill for this from AWS and we will be paying them directly on a month to month basis. The cost of this infrastructure will be included in our invoice to you.
- 3. What will be your (customer’s) role?MoreThis solution is a fully managed dedicated service, and your role is to simply administer and consume it.
- 4. How will this service be billed to me?More
The cost of the service to you will be calculated based on the Bill of material given above. The exact cost of each element in the BOM depends on the sizing and scale, which in turn depends on the number of users and data size.
The bill for the entire service, including all elements and AWS infrastructure, will be raised monthly in advance. Any adjustments due to the AWS infrastructure costs (variations in consumption of the infra) will be done in the next monthly billing cycle.
- 5. Can you deploy Vaultastic on my in premise infrastructure in my data center?MoreUnfortunately, this will not be possible. Vaultastic is a cloud only app and would need to be deployed on an aws cloud infrastructure stack. We would urge you look at this: why In-premise deployments have several drawbacks compared to the cloud.