Are you using Microsoft Exchange Server or Exchange Online as your enterprise email solution? Although the on-prem, cloud and hybrid cloud version continue to power email needs in large number of enterprises, its built-in email archiving capabilities are not sufficient. Vaultastic provides state-of-the-art email data security, admin & user access, assured business continuity, data durability and 24/7 eDiscovery support.
Here are some top benefits of using Vaultastic:
- Vaultastic provides complete archiving for all on-premise and hosted exchange plans. You don't need to purchase expensive Enterprise E3 level or equivalent license for each of your users.
- Vaultastic stores a copy of every mail sent and received by a user independent of the primary mail server ensuring data redundancy and protection against service outage, data loss or corruption. Whereas with in-place archiving in Exchange Online, users get an additional archive mail box. Its archive mailbox holds historical or older mail and the mails get deleted from the user's primary mail box.
- There are no limitations on the storage in Vaultastic. While using the hosted exchange option, an archive mailbox is created an initial quota of 100 GB is set on the archive. Requests for increasing the quota of the archive have to be submitted to Microsoft.
- All your email data in Vaultastic is safely stored in AWS data centers.
- Vaultastic integrates perfectly with popular email platforms.
- Mithi Software features in VARINDIA Magazine – Tarun Malaviya talks about the journey of the company to cloud
- Delivering uniform customer experience by moving to the cloud – Tarun Malaviya at the AWS Partner Summit 2017
- Mithi announces EDiscovery for Vaultastic to help business find critical pieces of information hidden in mailboxes
- Vaultastic now offers email archiving for Zimbra, cPanel and MailEnable
- Leverage your Archived Email Data with Vaultastic eDiscovery
- Don’t WannaCry? Then Protect Endpoint Devices with Vaultastic and ClrStream!
- I am already using Office 365 on the cloud, do I still need a separate email archiving solution?
- Retrieving data in bulk from Vaultastic using an AWS S3 bucket
- Introducing Vaultastic ‘Hold’ plan To Retain Email Data of Inactive Users
- Why Third Party Email Archiving is Essential for Office 365, G Suite & Other Cloud Solutions?
How Vaultastic Can Help (In a Nutshell)
Vaultastic for Microsoft Exchange FAQs
- Vaultastic for Exchange
- 1. Do we need to deploy any software or database on the Hosted Exchange setup?More
No, the Vaultastic connector for Hosted Exchange uses the journaling feature of Hosted Exchange to send a copy of every mail sent and received by the selected users to an independent Vaultastic store.
- 2. Is there any plugin or extension to Hosted Exchange Web access?More
No, the Vaultastic interface is independent of the Exchange Online end user interfaces. Depending on the rights assigned by the Vaultastic administrators, end users can access their Vaultastic accounts through a simple and secure web interface.
- 3. What configuration is needed on the Hosted Exchange, Exchange Online domains?More
Hosted Exchange,Exchange Online domain administrators have to configure journaling to forward copies of incoming and outgoing mail of the selected or all users to the Vaultastic servers.
- 4. Does the Vaultastic admin need to provision users on the Vaultastic domains?More
Yes, the admin needs to provision users on the Vaultastic domains. If a user is not provisioned on Vaultastic, mails meant for the user will not be stored in the enterprise email vault.
- 5. Is Cross-domain archiving supported?More
Yes. For every primary domain hosted on O365 a corresponding domain has to be created on Vaultastic.
- 6. How are distribution lists handled?More
Mail sent to distribution lists will be archived in the individual members Vaultastic account, provided the account is available on Vaultastic.
- 7. Are shared mailboxes supported?More
Yes, a corresponding account has to be created on the Vaultastic domain.
- 8. Are Hosted Exchange, Exchange Online groups supported?More
Yes a corresponding id has to be created on Vaultastic domain.
- 9. Any special considerations for views in the archiving, retrieval, or deletion processes?More
The Vaultastic admin has full control over:
1. The access to the Vaultastic accounts
2. The ability to download or export from these mail boxes.
Mails once archived in Vaultastic can only be automatically deleted according to the retention policy selected. Neither the end users, nor the admins can delete mail.
User accounts in Vaultastic can be deleted only by users having the senior admin role.
- 10. Does Vaultastic support message or attachment stubbing?More
Vaultastic does not stub the original mail.
A copy of the mail is maintained in the Vaultastic server independent of the primary mail server.
Microsoft does not recommend using Stubbing for archiving purposes. Refer to the lick given below:http://www.saasexperts.net/Archive-Stubbing-Promise-vs-Reality.html
- 11. How does an end user retrieve mail from Vaultastic?More
For a end user to retrieve mail from Vaultastic, he has to login to the Vaultastic web client and export selected mail into a pst or eml format.
Pst files can be directly imported into Outlook.
- 12. Does Vaultastic maintain the data classification of Hosted Exchange,Exchange Online?More
To keep the end user interface simple, all mails archived are classified as received (available in the Inbox) or sent (available in the Sent Items) by the user.
Folder structure in the primary account is not replicated to Vaultastic.
- 13. Why doesn't Vaultastic support an IMAP connector to Hosted Exchange,Exchange Online?More
An IMAP access replicates the state of the primary mail box.
The Hosted Exchange, Exchange Online connector for Vaultastic stores a copy of every incoming and outgoing mail using the journaling feature of O365. This ensures that even if mails are deleted from the primary email server, they are intact in Vaultastic.